The Pearl Hotel was built in the early 1880s by James Polk Johnson and named after his daughter Pearl. He founded Johnson City, Texas in 1879 and began the construction of the current building in 1880. Along with The Pearl, Johnson built the gin/mill and the building that is the present day bank.
The Pearl also was the home to the first public school in Johnson City, as well as the Post Office.
Married May 10, 1904 in a local wedding.
The children of James and Julia Ann in 1879
Front: Olla Sunshine Johnson 18 2nd Row L to R: Thomas Samual Johnson 1872-1935, Nathaniel Jackson (Nace) Johnson 1878-1936, Julia Ann Johnson 1875-1958, 3rd Row L to R Melissa Loma Johnson 1881-1953, Pearl Johnson 1876-1966, Myrtle Lone Johnson 1879-1953
Copyright © 2020 The Historic Pearl - All Rights Reserved.
201 N Nugent, Johnson City, Texas